Get Your Vaccinations Today!
Goodlife Pharmacy currently has 65 store outlets throughout Kenya. We are providing this year’s Influenza, Cholera and Pneumonia vaccines in select stores and we urge you to bring your children and your loved ones . The vaccine will be administered by a professional nurse. Here is more information about the vaccines we offer.
What is Prevnar 13 vaccine (Pneumonia Vaccine)?
This is a pneumococcal conjugate vaccine to protect against 13 types of Streptococcus pneumoniae bacteria that most commonly cause serious infections in children and adult.
What is Pneumococcal disease?
This is an infection caused by Streptococcus bacteria that depending on the areas infected can cause
- Bacterial Meningitis.
- Pneumonia, an infection of the lungs causing cough, fever and difficulty in breathing
- Otitis Media
- Sinus infection.
- Bacteraemia, a serious infection of the bloodstream
Who is should receive Prevnar 13?
- The recommendation is for children below 2years and adults above 65 years.
- Patients with pre-existing conditions.
- Adults 19 years – 64 years who smoke cigarettes.
Vaccine schedule: –
Preferred sites are anterolateral aspect of thigh in infant and deltoid muscle of upper arm in older children or adults
Vaccine Price- Kes. 6,830
What is a Flu shot/vaccine? :-
An influenza shot is a vaccine given by needle usually in the arm to protect against four influenza viruses research has shown to be most common during the season (June – November)
Who is at risk? :-
Everyone is susceptible to an infection so can be vaccinated but special emphasis is on expectant mothers, the aged, patients with chronic conditions and children above six months.
People who shouldn’t get a flu shot: –
Children below 6 months and patients with severe allergies to the vaccine or any ingredient in the vaccine.
Why get vaccinated: –
- Prevents people from getting flu.
- 600,000 deaths are caused by influenza each year.
- Severe influenza will lead to hospital admissions.
- Vaccinations helps protect people with chronic conditions and pregnant women.
- Flu vaccine can be lifesaving to children.
Vaccine Price- Kes. 2675
Who is at risk?
Cholera affects both adults and children and can kill within a few hours if left untreated.
Oral Cholera vaccines.
- Should be used with proper sanitation and hygiene.
- The vaccine can be given to anyone above one year of age.
- Two doses should be given orally two weeks apart.
Vaccine Price- Kes. 3000
CDC recommends meningococcal vaccination for all preteens and teens. In certain situations, CDC also recommends other children and adults get meningococcal vaccines.
CDC recommends a Menengitis vaccine for adults if they:
- Have a rare type of immune disorder called complement component deficiency
- Are taking a type of medicine called a complement inhibitor (for example, Soliris® or Ultomiris®)
- Have a damaged spleen or their spleen has been removed
- Are a microbiologist who is routinely exposed to Neisseria meningitidis
- Are part of a population identified to be at increased risk because of a serogroup B meningococcal disease outbreak
Vaccine Price- Kes. 6650
Call us on