No matter how young or how old you are, it is important to do all you can to ensure that you are healthy. Part of taking care of your health includes taking regular tests which are useful in detecting potential health problems while they are still treatable.
Today, how about considering these 5 tests that you should take today and why they are important:
- BMI and Blood Pressure: The body mass index is a way of calculating your percent body fat by taking into account your height versus your weight; it is directly related to your blood pressure. Your blood pressure on the other hand is a good indication of the health of your cardiovascular system. Heart health should be amongst your top priorities; don’t you agree?
- HB (Haemoglobin Blood Level): Hemoglobin is a protein in your red blood cells that carries oxygen to your body’s organs and tissues. There are several causes of lower or higher than normal HB levels including vitamin deficiencies and dehydration.
- Random Blood Sugar: Random glucose testing is particularly essential for people with diabetes. It helps in assessing how well the disease is being controlled.
- Stool Analysis (Microscopy): Stool contains bacteria and other substances present in the digestive system. Through stool analysis, it is probable to discover what is happening in your digestive system.
- Urine Analysis (Routine and Microscopy): A urine test, otherwise known as urinalysis is part of a routine check of your overall health and is also one way to find certain illnesses in their earlier stages including kidney and liver disease.
Any questions? Ready to take these tests? Walk into a Goodlife Pharmacy near you and get it done thanks to Lancet, our partner in health!